at the Levi's Workshop green screen inside MOCA's "Art in the Streets" wearing: Cheap Monday Tabitha pants / overalls, Vans Paityn creeper sneakers, Madewell Top, J. Crew beanie
I've pretty much been living in these overalls. I wore them all weekend covering the MOCA "Art in the Streets" exhibit for NYLON and then unhooked them and let the straps hang when I wore them as pants to dinner. Overalls as day and nightwear? Why the heck not! The sneaker-creepers are a recent buy and yes, identical to the Jesse Jo x Vans collab except for the black laces. I actually really wanted the Jesse Jo version, but they were nowhere to be found and these were on major sale so, yeah.
In other news...
- Currently obsessed with: pigtails... not like the photos above, more like two little messy buns I've been wearing my hair in (pics soon). Also, MOCA's awesome new street art exhibit.
- Currently thinking about: writing a book, reading a book, hair dye, trading in life as a freelancer for something more stable, reruns of Martin and Tom & Jerry cartoons.
- the video campaign I did with Olsenboye comes out tomorrow (eep!). I'll also be doing a little guest-blogging there. Happy to support an accessible line of cute clothes for young girls! There's one dress in particular I'll be posting soon that's definitely worth running to the Junior's section for ladies!
- Major tease (don't hate me): I started using an actual miracle beauty product. It's all natural and got rid of some hyper-pigmentation that I thought was permanent within a WEEK. Even my boyfriend complimented me on my better-than-usual looking skin and he does not notice things like nice skin. I PROMISE to reveal the secret in an upcoming beauty post.
- I had an overnight blur of a trip to NYC for a fun styling gig. Note to self: need more excuses to go to NYC!
- I successfully built Ikea shelves for my magazines and shoes. Really excited about that.
- I've got some closet-stock that fell victim to Spring Cleaning... planning to do a little blog pop-up shop soon!
- My birthday is less than a month away (May 9th)! Hey, Tauruses! On my wishlist: a new juicer, farmer's market shopping spree, truffle fries, shoes.
- Finally got a point & shoot camera... keep forgetting to use it.
- Gearing up for surgery again. Some of you may know I was diagnosed with endometriosis a few years ago. I had a laproscopy at the end of last year, but the pain only got worse. A second opinion last week turned up fibroids, two new endometrial cysts and as my doctor put it "your pelvis is a mess!" So next month, I'll be having a myomectomy and taking it easy til then. My mom had the surgery years ago and she's all healthy now - can't wait to feel the same!
Anyone else out there with a heaping case of Endo? What treatment, if any, have you found that worked? Would love to hear your stories and I hope sharing my own might help someone else out in the future.